We've only got one shot at making our economy rise while it is at its worst. By having a monument we can get back on our two feet and start functioning right. Many benefits can come from this and some people are just to darn blind to to see it. And like what Justice Louis Dembitz Brandeis once said, "Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done.” Their is so much possibility that a monument in the Northern Mariana Islands can happen and also do so much for the economy. So much can be done by just one answer and with your support and your voice we can make this possible. Think of all the benefits that we have right now and so much the benefits we can receive from having a monument. In the article from Coral Reef Alliance it lists the benefits that we can obtain from having a Mariana Marine Monument.
The benefits of designating a Mariana Trench Marine National Monument are:
- Global recognition of a phenomenal underwater environment alongside the Mariana Trench—the deepest place on the globe and one of the natural wonders of the world.
- An unparalleled opportunity to protect a diversity of oceanic habitats including tropical coral reefs, seamounts, and deep canyons.
- Protection of a unique global scientific laboratory to study acidification and impacts of carbon dioxide on the ocean.
- Preservation of the diverse, healthy, and largely unexploited—and thus scientifically valuable—fish populations in this area.
- Creation of the second or third largest no-take marine reserve on the globe, after the new monument in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands, complements the three northernmost islands' protected status as nature reserves under the Commonwealth constitution.
- Support for the Commonwealth tourism industry.